Cry From the Heart Lotus. Sacred Chants by Bahman
The voice of Bahman is deeply infused with devotion to God, to Truth.This is beautifully conveyed in these moving melodies. Growing up in Iran, Bahman drank in the mystical Persian classical music, which became rooted in his heart. Inspired by this traditional devotional music, Bahman sings the timeless words of Rumi, Hafiz, and Baba Tahir from the depths of his being, invoking a spirit of silence and sacredness in the listener.
Bahman met Mooji for the first time in 2008, and graced Mooji and the Sangha during the Satsang Intensive in New York City. The purity of his voice and the evocative quality of the melodies delighted Mooji so much that in 2009, during Mooji’s second visit to the United States, these songs were recorded in a home studio where Mooji stayed in Rye, New York.
Mooji likes to have Bahman’s music played at the start of Satsang because it evokes a contemplative atmosphere. Although recordings have frequently been requested by Satsang participants, these chants have not been available to the general public until now. A very humble being, Bahman enjoys his privacy and prefers to stay anonymous. But he has graciously and generously made this music available to raise funds to support the various projects at Mooji’s developing retreat center in Monte Sahaja, Portugal.
1. Your Face I Long For ~Rumi (9:26min)
2. I Seek Oneness ~Rumi (3:38min)
3. Wisdom Dagger Cutting Away Perception to Set Heart Free ~Baba Tahir (2:30min)
4. I Am From the Soul of the Soul ~Rumi (4:50min)
5. Colorless and Traceless I Am ~Rumi (8:54min)
6. Die Into this Love ~Rumi (1:38min)
7. I Fear that Tears of Love Will Give Away My Secret ~Hafiz (4:04min)
8. I Found Him in My Heart ~Rumi (4:11min)